Friday, March 6, 2009

Kid's questions

As you know, I work in 2 elementary schools. At one of my schools, I have a 2nd grade group that is very interested in my belly and the baby. I have a sonogram picture on my desk that they look at every week. They constantly ask questions, like "When is the baby coming?" and say "You better bring your baby up here so we can see it." One little girl in particular loves to touch my stomach and tells me that I get bigger every time she sees me (which is twice a week). :) She also told me not to let anyone but her touch my stomach, not even my husband. Hehe. Well, the other day, the same girl came up to my desk (where they practice their sounds in words and sentences), and she asked "Do you have to get a shot to get pregnant?" I immediately smiled, not knowing what to say, and obviously not telling her any more information. For a minute I thought the other kids were going to spill the beans, because they were laughing at her question. Then fortunately, another little girl interrupts, and said "No, silly, you pray." I loved it!! So I immediately said, "Yes, I prayed for this baby." After all, it was true!

No comments: